A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

Three days ago, a mercury thermometer split by me in hot sugar solution. I’m worried about inhalation of mercury. Since then my eyes turned red, and I feel twitching in my head and feet. Guide me to what medical tests can confirm mercury toxicity. worried. need help.

If a mercury thermometer breaks in the mouth or into a beverage, it is possible to ingest mercury. However, elemental mercury is not readily absorbed in the gut, and for the volume contained in a thermometer, is essentially nontoxic by this route.

Mercury vapor is toxic to the nerves (resulting in tingling and tremors) and may be produced when elemental mercury is exposed to heat (like your hot sugar solution). Exposure to mercury vapor can result in nerve damage. For acute exposures of mercury, a blood mercury level is the most accurate test. For chronic mercury exposure, urine mercury levels or finger/toenail mercury levels can be used.

To treat acute mercury intoxication, DMSA chelation is generally the standard of care.

Given your description of the incident, you should be evaluated by your doctor for mercury exposure.