A sample text widget

Etiam pulvinar consectetur dolor sed malesuada. Ut convallis euismod dolor nec pretium. Nunc ut tristique massa.

Nam sodales mi vitae dolor ullamcorper et vulputate enim accumsan. Morbi orci magna, tincidunt vitae molestie nec, molestie at mi. Nulla nulla lorem, suscipit in posuere in, interdum non magna.

I just drank a drink that had been sitting around and noticed mold in the liquid. How serious is this? I only took a swallow before noticing the mold – probably 1-2 ounces.

Its not very serious to swallow a few sips of a moldy drink as our stomach acid is strong enough to kill most pathogens. You can expect to have an upset stomach, abdominal cramps, and perhaps diarrhea as well.

There are certain signs and symptoms that warrant medical attention you should watch out for. If you start experiencing nausea/vomiting, unrelenting or worsening abdominal pain/cramps, tenderness of the abdomen to palpation, fever, chills, bloody diarrhea, or inability to eat, you should see your primary care physician or go to your local emergency room as it could be a sign of a serious medical condition.